Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Yalla Group Software Solutions Ltd, doing business as YallaCollect ("YallaCollect", "we", "us", "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
When you visit our Website https://www.yallacollect.ae (the "Website"), and more generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the most straightforward way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have about it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is essential. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you disagree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
Table of Contents
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: The personal information you disclose to us. We collect the personal information that you provide to us.
We collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website. In addition, we express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names, phone numbers, email addresses; mailing addresses; job titles, usernames, passwords, contact preferences, contact or authentication data, billing addresses, gateway integration info, and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. PayFort / Amazon Payment Services store all payment data. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://paymentservices.amazon.com/privacy
All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Clients own the records maintained in the database in our system for their business. YallaCollect owns the database architecture, structure, design, software, and other technology used for the Website. We do not sell individual nonpublic personal information for targeted advertising or other similar uses, and we use password access restrictions for nonpublic information in our databases. If you believe any of your nonpublic information is in error, please contact us to arrange for any necessary corrections or clarifications.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is automatically collected when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). Still, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website, information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages, and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings). This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when accessing or using our Website and record in log files.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Website.
- Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about your device's location, which can be precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, as well as from other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs, and custom profiles for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use and process your personal information collected via our Website for various business purposes described below, relying on our legitimate business interests to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on for each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. For example, suppose you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as social media accounts). In that case, we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Before posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and contact you about your use of our Website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information to help user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information to manage our account and keep it working order.
- To send administrative information to you. For example, we may use your personal information to send you a product, service, and new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, comply with legal and regulatory requirements or uses connected with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. For example, if we receive a subpoena or other lawful request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our contests.
- To deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your queries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We, or third-party marketing partners, may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is under your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about our Website, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. For example, we may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining our promotional campaigns' effectiveness, and evaluating and improving our Website, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in an aggregated and anonymized form to not be associated with individual end-users and not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share the data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific permission to use your personal information for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our agreement.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. In addition, we may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors designed to help safeguard your personal information. They cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protecting the data they hold on our behalf and retaining it for the period we instruct.
4. WHOM WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We reserve the right to add parties, which may not be listed here. We have categorized each party to quickly understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and wish to revoke your consent, please get in touch with us using the contact details provided in the section below titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?".
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation: Google AdSense, HubSpot CRM
- Allow Users to Connect to their Third-Party Accounts: ERP Software
- Cloud Computing Services: Microsoft Azure
- Content Optimization: Google Site Search
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization: Microsoft Azure
- Invoice and Billing: ERP Software and Amazon Payments
- User Account Registration and Authentication: Google Sign-In
- YallaCollect Service Providers and Marketplace Partners: Uqudo, CallGear, Aramex, Twilio, SendGrid, Modifi, and others.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies"
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will need us to keep your personal information for longer than twelve (12) months past the termination of the user's account.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such data or if this is not possible (for example, because your data has been stored in backup archives). We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process, including, but not limited to the use of secure (SSL) certificates, use of Firewalls and Internet traffic controls, password and other personal data encryption, among others. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. Therefore, you should only access the Website within a secure environment.
YallaCollect may contain links to other websites whose data protection and privacy practices differ from ours. We are not responsible for the other websites' content and privacy practices and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of the respective websites.
We also use social buttons provided by Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor ' 'dependent's use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records promptly. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow greater access to and control of your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In addition, in certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request following applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually set your browser to remove and reject cookies if you prefer. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you, such as sending you service-related emails necessary for the administration and use of your account, responding to service requests, or other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. However, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request the removal of such data, please get in touch with us using the contact information provided below. Include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups).
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. In addition, if we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email at email@example.com or reach our company using the information located at the bottom of this page.
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit https://www.yallacollect.ae. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Yalla Group Software Solutions Ltd
Gate Avenue, Zone D, Level 1. Fintech Hive at DIFC, Dubai. UAE
This policy was most recently updated on January 01, 2022.